DIY

I've got to crawl under the house today, not my favourite past time...but I have to get under there with all the dust and spiders and unscrew, unblock the S bend under the shower.

I have to do this because when I was in the shower this morning, I noticed the water rising around my feet, not draining away like normal showers are supposed to.

I've done this before, it's one of the more disgusting things I've done...well, it ranks right up there with the rest of them anyway. And you know what's in that S bend waiting for me?... my hair, my dead skin, shampoo/conditioner and soap that have been mixed with my body stink..and the same for my teenage boys...but mainly my hair, and oh my god, it's revolting!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing the occasional DIY stuff around my home. In fact, late last year I had a go at replacing the light switch in the bathroom. It was stuffed, just wouldn't work. So I switched off the mains and unscrewed the switch from the wall (15 was hanging over me almost the entire time, insisting I wear rubber gloves, I tried the gloves thing to placate him, it was hopeless I couldn't rewire a new switch with bloody bulky gloves on). When I finished I felt oh so independent and kick ass!

Earlier the day before the laundry doorknob mechanism stopped working...door was shut tight and couldn't be opened. So now that I'd dealt with the light switch I was feeling confident about taking on the door. I went around through the back door and knocked the pins out of the hinges, had 15 on the other side and told him to thump the door towards me....I hear *tap tap tap*....sheesh, how did he think that was going to move the damn door? I yell through the door "come on honey, you need to hit it harder"...the reply comes back "but it might fall on you"....how sweet..he's concerned the door's going to flatten me I guess.

We eventually got it off it's hinges...removed the crapped out doorknob, hung the door back on it's hinges and I replaced the doorknob...was kinda fun really.

Doing things like this (and thank goodness I don't have to do them often) always makes me feel like standing up and beating my chest and letting out a cry of victory. Ok, it's only a lightswitch and a door, but hey, it all counts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post