Good Motto to Live By

My motto in life has pretty much been "how hard can it be?". This usually comes out of my mouth when I'm faced with a challenge I've not dealt with before...something I'm not sure I have the confidence to do...or something I'm shit scared of attempting.

I read this motto today, and although it's a lot more difficult to memorise, and you can't just throw it out there in one breath, I loved it anyway.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a
Ride!"


Isn't that fantastic??!

The other saying that we have in this household is when either myself or the children are going away for some time (could be a couple of days, a week, a month, you get the picture). I've said this to the boys since they were at least about 4 years old, so it's well worn now. When 15 recently went to Japan I wrote it in the notebook I knew he was going to use on a daily basis.

"Wherever you go, no matter how far, my love is with you, wherever you are"

Anyone out there care to share a motto or saying with me, that they particularly like or live by? Let's hear it!

Comments

  1. I don't have any mottos quite as cool as that but I do live by the rule that you should always wear clean underwear in case you get hit by a bus.
    On second thought, that seems pretty stupid, because if I were to get hit by a bus I would most likely shit myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several mottos... One of my faves is "The only thing that ever stays the same is change".

    I like to be flexible and versatile and to be able to adapt to any new thing that Life throws my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Frally) I always wondered about that myself..what is the point in wearing clean underwear if you get in an accident? stands to reason I would indeed crap my knickers,
    (Cesca) not sure how flexible I'd be after a bus hit me and though and with crap in me undies but (TSG) you can just about guarantee I would be saying "fuck" at the time lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post