In Sync

Canada and England seem to be in sync with each other. If this situation wasn’t such a mess, that would be amusing.

The drama with Canada continued. He said he was now going to take out an advert in my local paper and run full names and go into detail of the situation, including involving two of my good friends. One of which was not faithful to her partner while we were away. I expect that’s all talk. I’m not sure any paper will be publishing anything that could bring a character defamation suit against them. Ok, maybe the Enquirer, but that’s not my local paper, so no problem there.

My chat with England started almost straight away with the news that he’d recently heard from an old flame of his, she lives in Greece but would be staying in London for a few months, maybe longer, on business. She wanted to see him. It was an uncomfortable chat for me...I felt numb with disbelief...I wasn’t sure how to react to that. What could I say? I could hardly complain and throw a tantrum after what I’d done. It would have been extremely hypocritical of me to do so. So I shut my mouth, and made appropriate noises at the right times. He knew I was squirming and said so. The main thing that upset me most was the fact that he appeared to be taunting me with it. Dangling the hurt...the possibility that he might go ahead and see her again. And he made it clear that he was telling me about her getting in touch with him out of honesty...said he felt I had a right to know…backing that up with “which is more than you afforded me”.

After more squirming on my part, and more taunting on his, he eventually said “anyhow, I’m not going, so there. I don’t think we need any more problems to add to this pile right now”. I didn’t know whether to breathe a sigh of relief or smack him for dragging that out so much. I still feel a little numb about the whole chat to be honest.

Both these men obviously want to hurt me at the moment, and I have to say, they’re achieving their goals. In some ways I wish they’d stagger their timing...I’m not sure I can continue to cope with the double whammies I keep being dealt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post