Not A Lot To Report

The bride-to-be rang me at 7.15 this morning. This was to tell me that Miss 10 month old is now finally crawling and that her second tooth has come through. I said to her “You gave me a hell of a scare ringing at this time, I thought something was wrong”...she apologised and said that she knew I didn’t mind being woken up.

This takes me back to the days when she was dating one complete and utter idiot who treated her so badly I used to get calls at 3 or 5am. One time I almost had a heart attack as she was trying to silently climb into bed beside me at 4 in the morning.

She split up with a man a couple of months after I split up with my husband, so she came and stayed with me for a couple of weeks. At the time we were sleeping on one of those old fold-out two seater foam couch things. (My ex husband took the bed with him). The kids and I enjoyed having her company, apart from the fact that she just about asphyxiated us all each morning with the amount of hair spray she was using.

She was dead easy to sleep with…I guess the two of us were quite conscious of the other being in the bed...I generally woke up in the same position I’d fallen asleep…neither of us moved during the night at all. I barely knew she was in the bed beside me.

I’ve just recently got home from watching the Groom To Be’s softball game. This was orchestrated due to the fact that Bride To Be was getting her hair done, and someone had to be keeping an eye on the baby. I’ve come home with mashed pumpkin on my cheek...crushed pear on both knees and feeling quite worn out from trying to see around the umpire to watch how each pitch was coming down. Dad had placed us directly behind the home plate cage to avoid having any random balls flying at us.

I wore my Xmas present from Canada today...my New York Yankees baseball shirt...and I was complimented on it 3 times...afterall, it has vertical stripes...this is important to a woman in my shape. I felt like wearing it today...have decided for the time being, I’ll wear it whenever I want to...I promise not to become obsessed with it and sleep with it on. I will say that my shirt came home in the same state it left, I was very particular about pumpkin hands touching it.

Comments

  1. Your comment about your friend being easy to sleep with reminded me of my ex. I also "barely knew she was in the bed beside me."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post