Chocolate and Grunting

I didn't do the easter egg hiding thing this weekend, I decided that my boys were too old for it now. Actually, I had planned to do it, but the eggs I bought were kinda annoying and I didn't want to open the packets and spread them around the house....so I put it off...then it was 6pm and the boys were walking in the door lol.

Neither of them cared about the hunt...they were just pleased that their mother was voluntarily giving them copious amounts of chocolate.

13 had bitten a hole out of the top of his big egg (no, not his father, it was just a hollow chocolate easter egg)...and then proceeded to follow me down the dark hallway, breathing into said hole, and sounding like Darth Vader.

This reminded me of when I was a kid...my Dad used to put a blanket over his head and walk slowly around amongst his children grunting....used to scare the bejesus out of me...but it was fun. He would do this occasionally....I guess to feel like he was bonding with his offspring.

Years later, when I was living with my husband-to-be....I was 20 at the time....I answered the phone early one morning and heard the familiar grunting of my Dad....I pretended I didn't know who it was...he continued to grunt....I handed the phone to my bed partner and said "I don't know who it is, must be one of your crazy mates".

He takes the phone off me....listens (Dad surprisingly is going along with things and grunts for him)...."Hey, Roger ya stupid bastard!"...and laughing my ex continues to tell my Dad what a silly arsehole he is. I'd sprung off the bed by this stage....an expression of shock and horror etched on my features.

Lucky he'd been embraced into the family well and truly by that time, but he was obviously extremely embarrassed and red faced next time he saw my father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post