Ego Burst for the Day

The practise manager and I were discussing the imminent arrival of her first grandchild this afternoon, and we started talking about the various ages that woman are having children these days. She mentioned she felt she was too young to be a grandmother at 56, but loved the idea of being a Nana.

I said morosely and mumbling to myself more than her..."I'm going to be 40 this year". A stunned expression came over her face and she did a double take and laughed..."oh my god, you're kidding me right? I never would've picked you for 40...I was sure you were only 34-35"

"Awwww...you are just the BEST boss EVER!"

She was definitely being genuine...and I sailed out of her office feeling fantastic...and I felt fantastic for the rest of the day. It was a small thing, but made me feel great...I felt like I could leap tall buildings in a single bound. Yeah yeah ok, now even I know I'm talking shit.

Still, a wonderful natural high. Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post