Missing In Action

Feeling full of new inspirational thoughts and blogging phenomona, I planned to be a clever dicky today and tried messing around with my template. Nothing too drastic, was just going to add a new heading to my side bar. Something to the tune of "Past Posts I Enjoyed Writing" kinda thing.

So I go look at my template and the HTML swims before my eyes...symbols...dancing around...flaunting themselves at me...talking to me...saying "can you do this?"...and..."can you do that?"....."neener neener neeeeeener". All of them joining together and chanting at me...teasing me...."Come on...you know you want to". Crazy speak is what it is...CRAZY I tell you!!!

Anyway, that's as far as I got.

I took one look and my brain deserted me.....it ran in the opposite direction....ran... at great speed...it bounded away with a new obsession not to think anymore...it took substantial leaps of superhero monstrosity to be as far away as possible from my inner skull. At one stage, it stopped...looked back...pointed it's two index fingers at me....then cackling with high pitched laughter said...."You're on your own here Girl".

It bounced on the desk in front of me.....ricochetted off the wall...skated along the carpet towards the ranchslider....stepped through the door, out into the big bad world....turned, waved, winked...somersalted backwards over the balcony.....and disappeared...*poof*...just like that....gone Gone GONE!

Thus...

here I sit....

alone again...

wondering....

wondering how my brain grew a couple of index fingers worthy of pointing at me....wondering where it learned to skate with such olympic precision and beauty....wondering what size skates it's tiny 'brain-feet' were wearing....wondering if it would be safe and warm.....and wondering how it's possible to even wonder, when my head is now an empty vessel.

This can't be a good thing....surely losing one's brain in such a way needs some explaining. I call out to my children....who for once in their teenage lives appear immediately before me....they stand there solemnly....waiting for to me to speak.

*sigh*

"Which one of you do I need to punish for leaving the door open?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post