Meat and 3 Veg

My hands are so cold I can barely type today. I've been out of bed for several hours already and I still can't make them work properly yet. Do you think maybe riggamortis is setting in already?

I went out last night with a close friend for dinner. I wasn't that hungry really...not the kind of 'steak and potatoes' hungry anyway, but I bloody ordered that anyway. Scotch fillet steak (extra mushroom gravy), vegetables of the day (steamed carrots, broccoli and cauliflower), and baby potatoes with sour cream. My dinner arrived...it looked great. Until I cut into the middle of the steak...it was raw in the middle. I'm afraid I can't eat meat like that...nope....I'm not one for having blood seeping out all over the plate. I ate a little around it, and thought that maybe I'll just cope with the veges and forget about the steak.

Then it occurred to me.... that steak had cost me $23. Let's face it, I wasn't paying $23 for the veges was I? Bugger that for a bunch o' bananas. When the waiter came back a little later, I told him of my dilemma and said I didn't want to be a nuisance, but would he mind taking my steak and throwing it back in the pan for a bit longer? I couldn't eat it as it was, and I didn't want to waste money I couldn't afford to part with at the moment.

He was very accommodating and after 10 minutes returned with my cooked steak looking like it was a complete new meal with all the fancy trimmings of snow pea sprouts, cherry tomatoes and mushroom sauce. Yay!

The most important part of this exchange with the waiter is - I was so polite and remorseful about sending back the food, when, in my premenstrual state of mind, I could've just as easily thrown it back in his face and hollered "I can't eat THAT! Take it back and bring me something I'm able to stomach!"

So, it's obvious now that I can indeed be nice and cordial should the need arise...or, you could look at it from the other point of view that crossed my mind....and that is, if I wasn't so courteous, the chef may have spat in the pan while he was doing the refry. See? not JUST a pretty smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post