Music Meme

I've been messing around in my hard drive trying to figure out how many music files I have there. Not many at all actually. And so, here we go with the thrilling meme I was tagged with from the Lovely Lisa some time ago.

Total volume of music files on my computer:
As already stated above, an appallingly small amount compared to the rest of you it seems. In fact only 157 MB, which breaks down to 66 songs. I did have a lot more at one stage but due to being spywared to pieces and some rather explicit pictures of boobs, bums and bits mysteriously appearing before my eyes (not to mention my youngest son's during that time), I gave up downloading music off the net altogther.

The last CD I bought:
Um, to be honest I can't rightly remember. I will go so far as to say it was pretty girlie girlie....like Shania Twain's "Up" and Delta Goodren's "Innocent Eyes". To try and save some face here, I did also buy Linkin Park and Evanesence, but LInkin Park was for 14 and Evanesence was for 15, who was using it to drum along to. But I still bought 'em alright?

Song playing right now:
At this very second I have no song playing unless you'd like to think the sound of Walker's breathing is musical. Due to the fact that him and I are so often together on the headset, I don't often get to listen to music on here anymore. But I was just managed to sneak in listening to Lemar's "If There's Any Justice" again, before Walker came back from wherever it is he went.

5 songs that mean a lot to me:
This is very difficult. I'm not sure I can come up with 5 songs. Music is so emotive. We hear a song from our past and are transported back to a memory from long ago, albeit a good or a bad one. I'll attempt it anyway.

Please Come Home For Christmas - Eagles
Ever since my parents moved down south, this song has special meaning for me. Christmas is never the same now. Not since the boys and I have been on our own anyway...having my Mum and Dad away at this time of the year leaves a big void in me and gives me the dilemma as to what to do or where to go on Xmas Day. Last year was great...the boys and I tripped off down south...took the car over the Strait on the ferry and arrived at my parents' place at 11.30pm Xmas Eve. Yay!

Everytime You Go Away - Paul Young
At one stage my ex-husband had a travelling saleman job, he was away for a week every month. Everytime I hear this song it makes me think about that time of my life. This song became "ours" for a while. It rode alongside, "One Of These Nights" by the Eagles...that was the song on the stereo the first night we got jiggy with it.

These Boots Are Made For Walking - Nancy Sinatra
I sang this song at my nephew's 21st on the kareoke (yeah yeah, shaddup). It became a bit of a signature song for me with my in-laws cos it was only a few months after my husband and I broke up. One of my brother in laws became such a fan, he constantly tried making me sing it each time I saw him after that (which was alot back then)...I always managed to weedle out of it. Ha!

Anything by ABBA
Because I grew up with this music. I sang and danced to it with my cousin, in my Aunt's lounge...over and over and over again. I knew the words to every song they came out with. Thinking back to ABBA music, brings up the times I sang on stage, the competitions and talent quests I was a part of in my youth. Anytime I hear ABBA now, (which is not often these days) I have an instant feeling of warmth and nostalgia.

You To Me Are Everything - The Real Thing
I love this song. It's upbeat, it's romantic...you can sing to it easily and dance along even easier. It takes me back to the disco days. I love to sing and dance, and what better time to dance than during the disco era. Bet you can't put this on the stereo, crank it up REALLY loud and NOT feel your body start to move in time to the music...I DARE you to do it!...you won't be able to help yourselves. Wooo hooo, shake that groove thing! Anna and Jason (Jaimee's parents) have chosen this song to be their 'first' dance song at the wedding next February.

These days I listen to much of anything and everything...I kinda have no choice, my children take over the house in that respect. I'm happy to listen to anything as long as it's not busting my eardrums. Not keen on rap or trance music. I pretty much stick with stuff I can sing and/or dance to. Reading back over this, I do believe I've just shown my age lol.

Ooh, I forgot something, so I had to come back in and hit 'edit'. I have a love of drums, anything that has a lot of drumming through it...like Bonnie Tyler's "I Need A Hero", or the remix of "Oh What A Night" (ok, old stuff again), but anything (including Evanesence's "Bring Me To Life") that has a strong drumming rythmn through it, I'm there. My hips need to move...must be something else I can attribute to my pacific island genes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post