The best laid plans an' all that...

Went out for dinner for a few friends last night. This was to 'celebrate' me turning 40 last week. To be quite honest, I would've been happy to scrap the whole thing about dinner this week...I mean, it was last week, been and gone. I wasn't really in the mood, I was tired and grumpy. I'm ready to acost the postman because he hasn't brought me my papers from the bank yet, so the whole IRD/bank loan thing has become a waiting game. I just want it to hurry up and get it over with.

Alice's birthday was 2 days after mine. I asked her the other night on MSN what she'd like for her birthday...and then told her what I wanted for mine. I want a pair of sheepskin 'ankle boot' slippers...my feet have been freezing the last few weeks. Warm woolly sheepskinned lined slippers sounded just the ticket. Alice asked for an egyptian ornament. Oh great..."Where the hell do I find one of them??...All you have to do is go to a shoe store". So, she tells me where to acquire such an ornament. I go check them out. I know some people really love that sort of thing...but from the choices I had, I really couldn't see the attraction myself. Ah well, each to their own. And considering that Alice had been up north all week, and driven 6 hours straight to get to the restaurant for dinner, I could forgive the fact that she had no foot warmers for me yet. (Try not to think of my resentment as as I sit here with my toes turning to ice.)

I messed around with the laptop and setup the webcam on it this morning. Below is a picture I took of myself whilst in the process of this 'messing'. As you can see, I'm on the phone. Furthermore, I'm on the phone to Walker. See how smiley I am when I'm listening to this man? Walker rang because he thought I'd still be in bed and that perhaps he'd get a little somethin' somethin' outta me. Well, that's not actually true...he rang because I hadn't rung him first. Last night before I went out, I told him I'd ring him when I woke in the morning and he could be assured, I was gonna be laying a bit of somethin' somethin' on him. Yesiree, I was ready to rock'n'roll...unfortunately, I had people expecting me for dinner. Blah.

Picture 2

Problem was, I woke quite early, did the calculations and thought he'd still be out of the house celebrating another friend's birthday. So, I got outta bed, got some washing started, left the house to buy some cigarettes, came home, had breakfast, and started installing the camera software on the laptop.

Anyway, enough blabbering about that...I gotta go....I've got some fast talking and heavy breathing to make up for. Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post