The Craft Fair and a bad photo

Went to a craft fair with Alice today. Was hoping to show you some of the extraordinary things I saw today, some VERY cool fishy stuff. Well, I mean, they were ornaments that you could hang on the wall. Made of copper. Like big flat copper fish, huge copper/stainless steel stingrays and sharks. Priced at around $6,000 for the big stuff (holy cow).

There was one chap that had a company called Fork-Art....all his work had forks in different shapes and forms through it. I was paticularly taken with the metal 'nets' that were heated to look like hanging fishnets, and then the forks were bent appropriately and dispersed through the 'net' in various places to look like fish caught in the net.

I took a photo, but unfortunately, it is sooo out of focus I don't know why I bother to take any bloody pictures at all! But, I'm going to subject you to it anyway, so you can get some idea of what I'm harp(oon)ing on about here *groan*

fishnet

There was also a painter (Rick Edmonds) I was very impressed with. I loved his pictures. All his paintings are scenes from around where he lives (top of the south island). He's close to where my parents live. In fact, he lives on the very drive I got myself lost on (with the kids), on Christmas Eve. His paintings are almost like photographs. I think he's extremely talented and I told him so.

I've posted one of my favourites from his collection online. Unfortunately, I can't afford to acquire any of these paintings, they're out of my price range, but that won't stop me from admiring them online.

Edmonds55

Take a look here at some of the other beautiful scenery Rick Edmonds has painted of the Malborough Sounds in New Zealand.

Now for the slightly rude part of today's post (well, it's all good to include a bit of rudie in here somewhere right?). I took the test that Walker's posted about today (via Michael's site) and it came out that I was 75% attracted to boobs. Yep, that's right ladies, your cleavage is not safe with me nearby. I'm glad I've got a pair of my own, cos with a percentage like that, I can spend all day playing with them if I like. Woo hoo!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post