The Dangers of Three Way Calling (Revisited)

Due to my empty head, my boyfriend missing in action and my oldest son still not home from school yet (it's 6 friggin .26pm, I'm gonna kill him!), I'm going to post something I posted a long time ago...very few of you have already read it. I'm cheating purely for your amusement you understand. Because it's all about you right? I do this just for YOU!

Thus, I demand that you be amused!
(If that's ok with you, of course. Afterall I wouldn't want to offend you, cos it's all about you *wimper*)

***

Years ago, I had a 4 month fling with a fellow softballer. He was hard work...had difficulty communicating really...but I refused to give up because I'm that kinda girl and if it falls to pieces then I did all I could. Savvy?

Eventually, it came to an end. In fact, he dumped me via email (boo). But that's ok, cos I wasn't heartbroken or devastated or the like..it was more a sigh of relief that I didn't have to keep going with something that really wasn't working (yay).

One day, I receive a letter in the post from the finance company that takes care of my local gym...they say I owe them $50 for whatever reason, so I ring to sort out the problem and leave a message on their answerphone giving my full name and saying I'll be in on Wednesday to settle the account.

Then, I ring my best mate and have a conversation with her, we talked about the message I left and I tell her what I really wanted to say was "I'm sorry, I won't be able to pay that $50 back because my good friend is having a sex toy party tonight, and due to the fact that my boyfriend just dumped me, I really must make it a priority in my life right now, to attend said party and acquire something that knows nothing about email"....we laugh and then continue to talk about past lovers, how good they were or little quirks they had etc (as you do).

5 minutes later the words heard on the phone make me gasp in horror ..."Your message has now exceeded the time limit, thank you, goodbye"...

OH MY GOD! *thud*

Every time I think about this I blush and think how stupid I was to not check that I hadn't hung up on the finance company first before calling my friend. Another example...once when we rang Vodafone together and talked about various products that we were thinking of purchasing....after we thought we'd hung up, the chap was still on the phone listening in (peeping tom?)...but we weren't aware of that til my friend declared she needed to pee and took us both to the toilet with her. I'm always horrified when she does that, and I tell her so...and she was being blaise about it and said some smart comment...she was answered by the Vodafone man.

You'd think we'd have learnt how all the bells and whistles on our phones worked after that wouldn't you?

Oh, and one more thing, I never did return to that gym...I was mortified that swiping my card into their computer the next time I turned up there was going to have something flash up on their screen... like "this is the phone girl..you know? that phone girl".

***

If only they knew how much of a phone girl I am these days. *smirk*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post