You want pics...you got 'em

I have attempted to take pictures of one of the corners of my bed. In true Sara style...instead of snapping the offending corner in question...I have chosen the opposite end of the bed. Besides, it was easier to get to and seeing as it's exactly the same as the top left corner, I can't see a problem with it.

Laying on the floor at such an angle and trying to keep the camera steady was... so I hope you're able to see the pics clearly enough to give an informed solution.

I could of course wait until Walker gets here, but I'm sure he's not going to want to get down on his hands and knees to silence the bed after travelling for 27 plus hours. Besides, why put off something we've been going crazy to do since last October? No no no, best get it done now so we can get directly down to the business at hand (or no hands for a change..."Look Ma! No hands!" ack, let's leave mum outta this, that could have a completely opposite affect to what I'd be wanting).

And just so's you don't think this is all about the fixing of noisy beds, I'll add a couple of extra pics for the interest of ...well...me, actually...cos I just want to add a couple of extra pics. It's my blog and I'll do what I like with it.



This is what the corners of my bed look like when they're in the "usuable" position. Check out that carpet folks...yes I know it's fugly but it's warmer than bare boards.





I was asked what was 'behind the screw'...well sorta...so I removed the allen screw to have a look. I'd forgotten, it's been such a long time since I bothered trying to fix the racket. Lo and behold, there was a dang hole behind the screw! Wood is what it's screwed into....and a long screw at that (about 3 inches I think, what would I know? Distance and measurements are a challenge for me)...I shoulda taken a pic of the screw too but forgot due to the excitement of a wooden hole taking me over. *sigh* This is such a draining business.



I pried the end board away from the base of the bed and the following is what I found. Imagine my surprise after telling you it was a piece of dowel, to discover there were actually two pieces of dowel involved? (remember, it's been a while). One at the top and one at the bottom. Sounds like double trouble to me. Sorry about the photo, it's the best of the several I took. After having my elbow cramping up and my hand going into funny shaky spasm thingys, you're lucky you aint looking at a pic of the ceiling really.





This pic is of part of the mosquito net I've got hanging over the head of my bed...I've pinned it so each side is draping down the walls either side. This will also show you that my bed isn't against the wall, that it does indeed come 'out' of the corner of the room. Also it shows off more rainbows. Gotta love them rainbows eh?





And last but not least, this is the picture on the other side of the wall (that's opposed to the picture of the capital letter R that Ryan drew, and the paintings that my godson did, shown in an earlier blog post). This was drawn in pastels by Cameron when he was 9 years old. It's entitled "Orca's Paradise". Yeah I know it's outta focus, but that's not his fault, it's his dumbass mum and her camera that's to blame.


I suspect you've had your fill of my bedroom by now, I know I have.

Pfft, how hard can it be?? or as one of my favourite bloggers would say "Damn the torpedoes...full steam ahead". *winks at Mr Haney*

Hope you're all having a fabulous day/night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post