Things That Make Me Go "Aaarrgghh!"

I feel like I can't stretch myself thin enough at the moment. And let's not even talk about the thin and fat issue cos that would sink me to the depths of despair.

I've a friend who's recently been through surgery and I haven't had the opportunity to visit with her at home while she recuperates.

I'm going out for dinner this evening with another close friend who I haven't had the chance to see for a couple of months. I feel knackered and don't want to go out, it's cold and windy, but I'm going...because I know once I'm out there, I'll enjoy her company.

My house is a bombsite. Piles of clean washing to be folded...the ironing board and iron seem to be permanently out, the kids exercise and workbooks for school are taking over the top of my wall cabinet. At least two of my plants have died from neglect. I'm not the world's best housekeeper by any means, but even with my lowly standards I'm feeling overwhelmed.

I haven't seen Anna and her family for what feels like FOREVER, and that's biting my arse too. I need to try and find some time to see them this weekend.

It's a long weekend here in New Zealand (Labour Day on Monday), and I'm going back up north tomorrow to spend the night with my sister at the apple orchard.

I've barely had time to read your posts lately and I don't even know when I'm going to have the time to catch up with what you're all doing. I hate not knowing what's going on in your lives!

Those I have been reading, I've not been commenting on. I hope you've been keeping an eye on your stat counters...at least then you'd know I have been through to read. I have become one of THOSE people....the non-commenting lurkers. I've become the proverbial next door neighbour that stands in her lounge with the lights out, peering at you through the curtains.

The kids are off to their Dad's for the weekend, but Cameron's not been well...he's spent the last two days at home suffering with migraines. Guess my drummer boy's brain can't always handle the drumming.

The good news is...the deputy principal has asked the two boys to play their drum composition next Wednesday evening at the College's Celebration of the Arts Festival. I'm thrilled for him, though he's less than enthusiastic about performing in front of a much larger audience. But he'll do it, because he always does, and his mate's keen, and Cam won't want to let his friend down.

I'm feeling like life is madly racing past me at a great rate of knots and all I want to do is yell "STOP!" As some of you would know, I hate feeling out of control. My life is feeling out of control at the moment.

The word "valium" is starting to sound more and more attractive as it bounces off the walls of my skull.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post