This Little Piggy Went To Market....Eh?...Nooooo!

I had a lovely weekend with my sister and brother in law. My brother in law is a machine around the property. Since my last visit he's finished off the paving out the front of the house, completed some paving to the side of the house and knocked together all manner of new bits and pieces. It always makes my jaw drop when I turn up again to find something new has sprouted or been completed. I've been living in my house for over 15 years now and it's still not finished. There's so much to be done, I have no idea where to start, but visiting these two gives me inspiration to do something, even if it's just trying to tame my garden. That's a hell of alot of taming in case you were wondering.


This is a picture I took at the front of the house....it was such beautiful weather that each mealtime found us out here at the table chowing down. These two have 15 acres of land, over 3000 apple trees, and my brother in law has several containers (you know, like the ones that ships carry from one country to another?) placed at various points on the property around the main house. He has started converting these containers into guest bedrooms. The sides of the containers have been cut out and ranch slider windows put in...each container has it's own bathroom facilities (that's the beauty of having a plumber close by at all times - that'd be him by the way). You can see a couple of the containers in the back of the picture below.


My sister is keen to get chickens...my brother in law not so keen. It would take him no time at all to knock together a chicken coop and it's not like they don't have enough room for it. My sister has dreams of scattering feed to the chickens each morning after she's robbed their beds of freshly laid eggs. Last time I was up there, my brother in law was fairly adamant there would be no chickens forthcoming. This time around he seems less adamant...I think my sister's going to win this one.

One of the highlights for me, was the farm next door. They have lots of animals. Last time I saw a very pregnant pig...we weren't sure if she was actually pregnant...but this time around it was confirmed. There were 6 little piglets, they were about the size of...um...say...slightly smaller than a loaf of bread (sorry, best size thing I could come up with right now, what can you expect, I'm a female, I don't do size *cough*). These little piggies were so damned delightful, and they were running around playing like frisky kittens. I was kicking myself for not having the camera on me. I could've watched them carry on all day...how fantastic to be as carefree about life as this lot were.

Needless to say, I had a wonderful time and came home feeling like I'd just had a hot bath. You know that feeling? You're all warm skinned and lethargic because your body feels so well rested? Yeah, that kinda feeling.

I believe Haloscan has been doing some major brain-farting the past 24 hours, but from what I've seen, should all be back on track now. I'm off to work now (damn Tuesday night shifts!)...hope you've all had a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post