Here Comes The Sun...

I've had a rather busy few days. In fact I've barely spent any time on the computer at all. I spent more time talking to Walker on the phone this weekend than i did on the computer. I have to admit, I'm getting restless and tetchy about sitting here for hours on end. Summer is most definitely on it's way.

The weather has changed. In a good way. At the moment, each morning is dawning bright and sunny and this has motivated me to move myself into other directions. I seem to have gone into some kind of spring-cleaning mode. This is most unusual for me. The weather and the fact that Walker will touch down on these shores in 6 weeks time has me clearing out cupboards, spraying and wiping surfaces and down on my hands/knees trying to remove stains from the carpet.

The cat, stunned by this new turn of events, seems to think the moment I've removed one of her pieces of artwork from said carpet, it is time to replace it with yet another. I'm thinking there's gotta be a colour-free cat biscuit on the market.

She's spending a lot of time locked outdoors at the moment. This results in her doing some kind of body plant thing against the ranch slider door so that I notice her. I kid you not...it's like she has a vertical epileptic seizure against the glass pane and has me yelling at her "No! You have to spend some time outside, it's good for you!" I think she's agoraphobic.

I open the ranch slider....she sits at the opening staring out...she'll eventually step out onto the deck and lay in the sun, sleeping. The instant I get near the open door...even if I'm just passing by it, she's up and back inside before you know it. She's not taking any chances of being stuck out in the big bad world.

I have a new TV (the repairman rang last week to say the old one is stuffed and it would cost up to $500 to repair it). Cameron and I went TV shopping on Friday morning and eventually chose one that suited our needs. It came with a cabinet and a redemption coupon I have to post off to Philips and they will courier me a new DVD player.

Anyway, the telly arrived on Saturday morning. It's new and shiny and stands out like a sore thumb. Cam agreed with me when I said "It's a bit too bling for the rest of the stuff in our lounge isn't it?". So in an effort to trying getting the rest of the lounge area up to par with it's new resident, the least I could do is dust and vacuum. This is another reason why the spring cleaning is happening...once I started, I had to keep going. Ever sprayed and wiped a spot on the wall to find that the cleaning of it stood out more than the rest of the wall?...That you had to eventually wipe down the entire wall for it not to be noticeable? Yep, that's where I was at with this.

I'm not going to be around as much in the next while. I'll be dropping in and out of my blogroll from time to time, but I can't promise you I'll be commenting. For me, it'll be enough to just find out what you're doing and keeping up with your lives. There are so many of you that I like to keep track of. I feel I'm officially going to turn into the lurker category. It'll be like eavesdropping...in an always-wanted-to-be-a-spy-but-was-hopeless-at-it kinda way.

I need the time out...I need to get in the garden and try to put it in some kind of order (my body's going to hate me for that), and I need to be attending the various functions and pre-Xmas whatevers that happen at this time of year. I need to organise myself for Xmas and I need to be ready for my special guest's arrival.

My posts could drop down to being weekly bulletins or whenever I feel I've got something in my head that needs purging. You know when you get in the mood to spew it all out and just ramble? I'm kinda good at that I think. There have been times in the past where I've been ready to write....I can sit down here comfortably with all manner of things in my head and WANT to write...I'm ready, I'm primed....and so it is...I've written.

At the moment, these times are becoming few and far between...my head is filled with so many things, none of which I can put down...none of which I feel are worthy of a read....and none of which I'm comfortable about sitting here for lengths of time putting into words. It's not that I've got anything in my brain that I'm concerned about any of you reading, just that I have no motivation to put it in any readable format.

But I will...again....eventually.

In the meantime, with my sporadic blogging coming up, could you email your postal addresses please? I'd love to send you a Xmas card to say hi and seasons greetings blah blah, that kinda thing.

Until then...*blows a kiss at the screen*...Au Revoir.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post