Lest We Forget

Below is a picture taken about 9 years ago. It was taken outside the local Returned Servicemens Assocation (RSA) after the Keas, Cubs and Scouts marched down the main street behind those that served during various wars or family members marching on behalf of those they lost. Such a deeply moving tribute that always brings to me tears.





This is Ryan. He had just turned 6. When the photographer asked if he'd mind Ryan taking a few shots of him, my son was more than happy to sit down, so it wasn't an issue. I'm sorry to say I don't know the name of the eldery gentleman beside him, and in fact his name wasn't even printed in the paper. Possibly because you can't see his face. That felt so wrong. I felt it extremely unfair that he wasn't mentioned after all he'd been through.

The following morning I woke up and said to hubby "I might run down to the store and see if there's a pic of Ryan in the paper today". Just then the phone rang...it was my tenant at the time..."Did you know your baby's on the front page of the national paper today??". And so he was. Large photo, smack in the middle of the front page.

A poignant picture for Remembrance Day. My heart and thoughts go out to those that fought for their countries and the families that so many left behind. May their souls rest in peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post