Water Wings Anyone?

I don't have much to say today. Actually that's not true, I have lots to say, I just don't have much time to say it. Things are rushing along at a great rate of knots. I think I've completed my shopping....I think I may still have my head above water....and I think I'm mastering the art of BBQ cooking.

One thing I definitely know is I hate working with my newish snappy co-worker (I actually snapped back at her a couple of times myself this morning.) The fact that my new knickers were lodged up my bum all morning didn't help the situation...after speaking with a friend of mine, it seems that these knickers are supposed to do that. Who knew?! Obviously not me.

I don't need to vent about my co-worker here today because I came home and used Cameron for my sounding board. He was trying to play some car racing game called "Burn Out" on the playstation, and eventually realised I wasn't going to stop ranting, so paused the game and actually listened. So thanks to my oldest son, you are all spared.

Thanks to my boyfriend, you are all spared listening to the latest antics of my youngest son, Ryan. I certainly chewed out Walker's ear last night with all that.

And thanks to one of Cameron's friends, we finally have our christmas tree up. I've been asking Cam for days now to get our artificial tree out of the ceiling and he kept putting it off. He's the tallest in the house, has the longest arms...one of his many talents is his ability to reach things in high places. But...no go...apparently he was scared of being rained with spiders. His mate had no problem about that so he got up there and brought it down and here it is.


I have two sets of Christmas lights somewhere in my house...where they are unfortunately, is a mystery to me. You may have noticed there is no star at the top of it...I have no idea where that is now either lol.

Now that I'm relatively calm about my day (and my weekend)...I shall leave you with a joke. I'm not one for posting jokes usually, but I'm all outta energy and blog news, so this is it for now. It's sexist, but it did make me laugh...and at this time of year, there's nothing bad about laughter. Just remember, it's not the opinion of your blog author ok? I don't need any white powdered envelopes sent to me in the mail.

***

I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that.

"Why?" my daughter asked. "Because it's been on the ground, you don't know where it's been, it's dirty and probably has germs." I replied.

At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Mommy, how do you know all this stuff?"

"Uh," I was thinking quickly. "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy."

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information.

"Oooooh...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the daddy."

***

Hope you're all keeping it together with the holiday season and swimming against the strong current of retailers who appear to be doing their best to drown us.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post