A Beary Happy Valentines Day *groan*

I've been thinking about this for the last day or so. A valentine's post...what should I write? Should I pretend it's just another day and completely avoid going anywhere near it? Should I stay in denial for as long as possible until the next one comes around and ignore that one too?

As I mentioned last year, we don't celebrate Valentine's Day with as much enthusiasm and vigour as some countries do, and although there is plenty of advertising around the shops, I don't feel like it's being shoved down my throat about how much everyone else is being loved or loving others.

A few weeks ago I took my mate Barnaby to the Botanical Gardens...the rose gardens to be exact. (Roses...Valentines...get it? Yeah, I knew you would.)

Picture 016

As you'll be aware, all roses have names, some peculiar and some more appropriate than others. Below are some pictures I've snapped, taking advantage of rose names. They're obviously not appropriate to be showing 5/6 year old kiddies and have me questioning my mental health condition.

Picture 037a

Picture 038a

Picture 039a

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.

I dedicate this Valentine's Day post, such as it is, to four very special people in my life.

Anna and Jason, (at the airport, on the way to Malaysia for their honeymoon) because to me they are the very epitome of being happy and in love.

Picture 179a

My sons, Cameron and Ryan, (at Huka Falls in Taupo, when we were up north last week) because they will always be nearest and dearest to my heart. (And who are both going to hate this pic, so we won't tell them I posted it.)

Picture 090a

He gets around a fair bit our Barnaby does.

Picture 040

Happy Valentine's Day.

(Man, these photos come out big when you're forced to use Flickr!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post