Contemplation

Bugger this working lark...only been at work for 6 hours this week and already I'm getting fed up. Tonight when I drove home I was starting to wonder if it's time for a change in vocation. Yet I love my job...so maybe I just need more of a break. Like an overseas holiday or something else as financially crippling lol.

I've been having a think about this recently. Overseas travel I mean. Once the boys have left school and are at university (that's if both are going, at this point in time I know of one that's got his mind set on it)...what's to stop me selling up and taking off?

Besides my kids that is. The boys are the only reason I'm still here now I reckon. When they're 19 or older, they won't need me as much...they might still be living at home, but it doesn't have to be my home does it? Could just as easily be their Dad's they're living in. The drumkit got moved over there last week...why not my sons as well eventually? lol

That's just staunch talk...you know I'd be devastated if either one of them moved away from me...but maybe I could make that transition period easier, by having me, move away from them?

I love the idea of selling everything up and travelling....and I mean travelling and working at the same time. You know...like some kids do in their early 20s or whenever....a working holiday of sorts. Can't see any reason why I can't do it in my mid 40s. I'm only middle aged, not dead.

Sell the house, invest the money, keeping aside enough to jet me over to England, see some of Europe and get settled until I find work. Or I could rent out my house as well as the flat downstairs. Although I'm not sure who would want to live in this dump, or how they'd treat it...it is the only major asset I've got...obviously I don't want it messed with. But the rental from both properties would easily cover the mortgage and rates so it's another option.

New Zealand is a an amazingly beautiful country...but it does have a big problem....it's just so damn far away from the rest of the world. So it costs an arm and a leg or a house for us to get anywhere.

Still, I do have a real craving to travel again....scary but exciting...definitely food for thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post