Sex from a Font? (Revisited)

Today, I'm going to repost something I wrote at the beginning of my blogger journey...in January 2005, when Walker and I were no longer a couple for various reasons, but one of the main reasons being, the man I've recently mentioned I'm back in contact with. It's a long and complicated story, on the messy side and I've chosen not to go into detail and dredge that all back up. If you want to know...go back through my archives...most of January/February 2005 will fill you in if you really have to know.

Anyway, for the sake of re-introducing him into my page and hopefully giving you a laugh, I've pulled this post out for your reading pleasure this weekend. It's shorter than my usual essays, thus you will be pleased lol.

***

The scene is set. I've got the laptop booted up and ready to connect to ICQ and yahoo, I've got the headset/microphone sitting on the bed, ready and waiting. The ethernet cable is now plugged into the back of the laptop and I've got the camera sitting across the room on top of my tallboy, waiting to shoot me in all my...um...glory.

So, prior to all this happening, I test out the webcam bit, make sure the angle's right, the lighting etc...no point in turning it on if all he gets to see is the ceiling light...I grab a good friend on yahoo, send her a message saying "So? what do you reckon?" she looks..."OMG, it makes you look HUGE!" (oh great, I think, that's all I need). So I decide to skip the webcam thing...chicken. Which is just as well, cos I wasn't too keen to be seen on it wearing nothing but the headset/mic. That very afternoon I'd been thinking "Hm, wonder what he'd prefer? to SEE me doing that? or to HEAR me doing that?"

After my friend's comment, I opted for the hearing bit. So blah-blah-blah *pant pant, sigh sigh, pant sigh pant etc* is all going well, except for three things...1) I have to lie in such a position that I can see what he's typing on the screen...2) because I need to read what he's typing and respond to it, I have to keep my eyes open, which is not the easiest of things, considering we tend to close our eyes while we're, well, you know...and 3) right in amongst the "oh God"s his son and son's girlfriend wander up the stairs.

So imagine this if you will...I'm in the throes of doing my business and then all of a sudden I hear the 'beeps' of yahoo telling me that my 'talking' has been disconnected. ICQ shuts down, yahoo voice chat has been disconnected...I'm horizontal, and have a strong urge to yell "WHAT KINDA TIMING DO YOU CALL THAT??!".

There'd have been no point of course...there was noone to hear me *heavy sigh*

I type "Um Babe? everything ok?" His response "Yes I'm fine, just a bit flustered lol. Sorry, the kids just came upstairs. I didn't hear them". Ok, I'm thinking, this has not been all for nothing, because if he didn't hear them, then he must've been lost in what I was doing.

I can live with that.

***

One more thing, as you know I've been fart-arsing around with my blogroll. Please let me know if I've left you off or you'd like to be added. I discovered in the past couple of days that I had missed off a couple in particular that I read, so don't take it personally...could have been the hurry with which I entered them into the system. And if you've got me linked on your page, then it only seems fair that I have you on mine too....so give me a shout out in the comments section and I'll sort that out this weekend.

Right, that's all for now.....Hope you all have a terrific weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post