Introducing...the Letter C...My Way

A couple of weeks ago I took up the challenge of doing the "Letter" meme from Magpie's site. She kindly gave me the letter C to work with. My understanding of this meme is to take that letter C and give you a list of 10 things that relate to me and my life. Here we go then...

Chocolate: Not a HUGE chocolate fan personally. Except at certain times of the month, when I get a craving to have that sweetness. Funnily enough, with all the PMS I've been experiencing over the past months I don't have the urge to chomp my way through a king size block of Cadburys. Dunno why, don't care...just happy I don't have to be getting rid of yet another all-consuming vice lol

Crush: My first crush was on a young man at primary school called Sam. He was in the deaf unit, which was mainstreamed into my classroom...we had 6 deaf pupils in our class. He was gorgeous and kind and had no idea I was goo goo eyed about him. We were 7 years old at the time. Several years later, I spoke with him again....across the reception counter at the surgery I work for. He's gay and his life partner is just as gorgeous as he is. I don't believe he remembers who I am, and I don't plan to tell him.

Childbirth: Two of the most phenomonal life changing moments of my career as a woman. Cameron, I laboured for 4 hours to achieve, Ryan for 3 hours. Now I have two rather large trophies that mess my house up and empty my pantry continuously. They suck my bank balance dry, cause me no end of worry and sometimes stress, but they're oh SO worth it. Some days I'd like to lock them in the basement (they are teenagers afterall), other days I can't get enough of spending time with them. Regardless of any negative matters I have to deal with, I am still VERY proud to be their mother. Always will be.

Caffeine: Not in coffee as such...but the energy drink V. This pale green and sweet, fizzy energy drink has almost been the bane of my life in the past 2 years. Last year I managed to go almost 6 months without having one. This year I'm back to drinking V on a daily basis again. When I came home from Canada in 2004 (where they don't have V), Cameron was waiting for me at the airport with a V in his hand.

Picture 007

The high caffeine content in V is bad bad BAD for my blood pressure, and while there's no fat in it, there's plenty of sugar...so the V's gotta go. I'm on day number 2 lol

Cigarettes: The biggest and most dangerous vice I have, not to mention the most disgusting. Lately with me thinking about the change in my eating plan, stopping smoking is the last thing entering my head. One of the nurses at work has finally stopped hounding me to be the guinea pig for her "Quit It" programme. I know it's definitely an issue I will have to address, and the financial cost could certainly be put to better use. I smoke tobacco that I roll myself, I have to use one of those little rolling machines. My dumbass thinking, is that tobacco has less chemicals and therefore I am smoking in the healthiest way possible. Yes I know, I can hear you.

Choices: We make decisions in our lives on a daily basis. Whether it be what we're having for dinner, whether we'll hang out the washing today...right up to career paths and home buying etc. We make these choices knowing there are consequences...every action has a reaction and all that. The choices I make may not always be the right ones, but they're MY choices and it's ME that has to deal with the consequences. Sometimes I don't like those consequences, but it's how I've learnt about the person I am and my life in general. I seem to have been on a self-awareness education frenzy this year so far.

Cooking: I'm not a keen cook I'm afraid. I can cook some really yummy dishes, but I have to be in the right mood to do that. Being on a diet does not make me want to get into the kitchen at all....my children have learnt to become self-sufficient in this regard. Anytime I actually feel enthusiastic about cooking, it's usually something I shouldn't be eating lol

Confrontations: I'm no good at these. I become a coward when dealing with difficult issues. I step back and shut down to avoid thinking about them. I feel I need that time to regroup my thoughts and adjust myself to whatever's happening. It's not the best way to deal with things, but I guess it has the smell of 'self preservation' coming from it. I should face them head on and address them as soon as possible, so I can move on...I'm working on this.

Cut: I need a haircut. It only occurred to me the other day that I haven't been to see my hairdresser since December. Years ago and before the boys were born (aka extra-money-times) I would get my hair done every 6 weeks. I don't think I've ever managed to go almost 6 months before, and yet I haven't even thought about it til recently. Anyway, it's something else I'll be sorting out pretty soon too...it's starting to drive me potty falling across my face all the time. If I'm not careful, I'll get to the point where I'm so hacked off with it, I'll just chop the lot off...which would not be an attractive look at all lol.

Comments: Well, replying to comments is what I wanted to mention. Some people respond directly to the commenter's email address...some, like me, reply in the comments section itself. I was wondering if it's worth continuing to do that. I mean, do you come back to read my response? or am I just boosting my own comment numbers? I like to acknowledge that you've commented, and sometimes I'll deliberately leave information out of my post (I really DO try to make them smaller you know lol). I can always mention it when replying to the comments that get posted. What say you oh fabulous commenters?? Any preferences?

***

Anyone interested in having a play with this meme themselves, let me know in the comments section and I will assign you a letter lucky-dip style.

I have another meme to finish (course I have to start it first). It's the "5 things" one. I was tagged by Poet and Jo and will work on it once I have wiped out my fridge, organised my wardrobe (closet) and cleaned out my handbag. I know that sounds like it could be a while coming because I'm such a mucky buggar, but I'll do my best to get that done as soon as I can.

Hope you're all enjoying your days/nights!

Comments

  1. I'm really bad at confrontation and unfortunately Erik is too so we're always arguing of who will call the landlord :D

    I'll play!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post