Is It Enough?

We walked alone through an orchard in full bloom....approximately two thousand trees resplendent in apple blossoms. Only the sound of birds and the gentle neigh of horses to be heard as the sun went down.

Crisp fresh air...vibrant lush pastures...so many cascades of pink and white flowers...laughter at the comical pukekoes chasing each other through the trees. I looked around saying quietly to myself "How could anyone not want this?"

We sat on the floor cross-legged in front of the hearth and watched the flames take hold while drinking bourbon. We lay in the spa in the dark outside feeling the cool mist of the rain against our faces...bodies immersed in the heat of bubbling waters.

And afterwards tangled amongst the covers that night, my brain feeling alive with so many thoughts racing around, these lyrics kept tripping across my mind...

If I lay here...
If I just lay here...
would you lie with me...
and just forget the world?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post