Waiting for Handover...

Last night I discovered the electronic panel on my dishwasher got cooked with the power spike.

Tonight Ryan came out to tell me his stereo won't turn on.

Cameron's surge guard got fried and the subwoofer in his speakers went with it.

As far as I'm aware I've checked every possible appliance in the house now, and I'm grateful that there were only a few that got zapped. With 3 fairly grunty computers and all the paraphenalia that's plugged into them, it's almost weird they survived.

One thing I did learn about myself from this experience though....I think I've just proved myself to be one of THOSE people that really CAN untangle the christmas lights. Calmly and methodically...without ranting or crying...and only because, it just has to be done.

Tomorrow I will ring the insurance agent again and add the extras to the list I've already given them.

What a shame we can't do that with every other part of our lives that needs fixing or replacing from time to time.

One day...maybe....I'll be fortunate enough to hand some of the crap onto someone else for a short time and say "Take this please? I've had enough of dealing with it for now."

But then....maybe...that one day won't ever come.

And if that's the case, then so be it....I'll carry on despite it all anyway.

What choice do I have?

Life can be a bitch like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post