Caught In The Act

We sat glued dreamily to the television:

Sis: "How old do you think he is?"
Me: "Who even cares?"
Sis: "Imagine having a voice like that woman, and singing with him..."
Me: "Imagine being able to get that close to him, never mind singing at the same time."
BIL: *rolling eyes, getting up to walk out of lounge*
Sis: "What's her name again?"
Me: "Dunno...something-or-other...her surname sounded like pussy"
Sis: "Lisa!"
Me: "Well it did!"
BIL: *quick backtrack* "What was that?"

We were watching a DVD of Michael Bublè in concert. His name runs off the tongue ooh soooooo easily don't you think?

Michael-Buble


Michael Booooblaaaaaaay...*sigh*

I'm not one for having crushes on celebrities but I have to say...I could listen to this man sing and watch him move for hours...and hours....oh and did I say, hours??

When I mentioned his name to my sister on Saturday night, she clapped her hands..."Oh yes! I've got a DVD!...Let's watch that eh?" Who was I to argue? I was already in love with the man's voice...what better way to wile away an evening but to feast my eyes upon him. He does all those cutesy, jaunty moves at the same time as belting out some beautiful old classics...it was a win/win for me.

He came on stage at the top of the stairs as the strings commenced their harmony...."Feeling Good" had begun....mm, mmmm. As the sexy beat of the bassline and drums thobbed in, he strutted downwards. Lord....*slaps hand on heart*...I swear my jaw hit the floor the same time my knickers did! I had definitely started to feel pretty good myself.

My stomach did an achey flippity-flop that can only be described as hopeless desire for something unobtainable. Hot damn, as if I haven't been dealing with enough of that lately, pfft lol.

As he crooned so clearly "You Don't Know Me"...I threw my arms out to the TV and cried passionately "But I really want toooooo." My sister pinched me...maybe she was trying to get me to come to my senses.

If he EVER makes it to New Zealand, I am SO gonna be there...I don't care WHERE in NZ he may perform, I'm there. Security could end up carrying me off, only to be chasing me away again later...but hey, it'll be worth it.

Honest, I really AM going to be 42 in a couple of months...you'd never know it half the time eh? I reckon I can be just as good a groupie as the rest of them. In fact to quote my oldest son recently "Mum, you're acting like a school kid, it's not on", so there lol.

Never know how much I love you,
never know how much I care,
when you put your arms around me,
I get a fever that's so hard to bear...

You give me fever...
when you kiss me, fever when you hold me tight,
fever!..in the morning, fever all through the night...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post