Has Font, Will Ramble

The temperature has certainly dropped here the last few days. Last night it was SO cold I actually wore a t-shirt and flannelette grandpa pj pants to bed (you know the ones like your grandad used to wear? baggy, stripes etc). I'll confess, I love those pants, they're great at keeping the bottom half of me warm. In fact I always know where they are, as opposed to the rest of my nightwear, which I can take or leave the majority of the time (oh except that t-shirt, I always know where that is now too lol.)

Ok, enough about the weather...

A friend of mine put me on to a typing speed test site the other day. She starts a new temp assignment next week...and the company have requested the temp to be typing 80 words per minute. I reckon that's a crock of shit. I mean, I didn't think anyone was allowed to request that much these days. Years ago, when Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) was hitting ACC's budget hard, I thought companies were only allowed to ask for between 50-60 wpm. That's a reasonable amount to expect I would think. Correct me if I'm wrong, I wouldn't have a clue what's acceptable or not these days.

I had a go myself and chalked up 82wpm. Not bad considering my nails needed cutting. The following morning I cut my nails off - didn't make a shit of difference...still came in at 82wpm (however, it WAS only 6.15am, my fingers may not have been awake yet lol). Turns out I average 90wpm. To be honest, I would never tell a temping agency I can achieve that. In fact, I'd probably say I was doing somewhere in the vicinity of 70-75. I'm buggered if I'm going to be sitting around all day typing 90wpm and boring myself stupid in the process...it's not my thing, variety being the spice of life and all that.

Click here and have a go yourself if you're interested. It can be fun, if somewhat addictive. And it sure beats the hell out of the 'old' days at school when we were typing along in time with vinyl records belting out "a s d f ; l k j" blah. (We should all have a go at it before we do the drunken blogging thing, it also tells you how many mistakes you've made lol.) Go on Leilani, I'm interested in how fast you can type...let's face it, you've been known to come at me like lightning during IM chats lol.

That's about all I have to report. Besides the fact that the other day my young coffee maker was going to try giving me a fright by leaping out from behind the counter at me. (He must be about 10 years younger than me...to my teenagers of course, he'd be chucked in the 'old' category el pronto.) I say "was", because he changed his mind at the last minute and appeared from where he'd been hidden, grinning at me instead.

Just as well...I scare easily under those kinda circumstances. If I'd had 6 feet of man jump at me unexpectedly, I've no doubt I would have responded by shooting snot straight from my nose. And I just simply didn't feel like being that impressive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post