Whatever

Me: "Like my coffee cup?"
Cam: "What's it say? "Morning Handsome" ?
Ryan: "Yeah, she has another one that says "Morning Gorgeous"
Me: "I'm trying to be optimistic."
Cam: "Aah, I see what you're doing. You're trying to put that Law of Attraction stuff from "The Secret" into practice aren't you?"
Me: "Anything's worth a shot these days."

***

Sis: I've got a tour turning up this morning to take a look at a working orchard!
Me: "Oh...shall I get my dungarees on, rush up there and stand on a ladder in the orchard so it looks a bit on the authentic side then?
Sis: "Hell, I don't know...I don't know why they're even coming here!"
Me: "Hey, I could come up and drive the tractor up and down the aisles? Get your husband to put that lawnmower gizmo thing on the back of it, I'd be happy to have a go at mowing the grass between the apple trees like Sam used to."
Sis: "Yeah, that's a good idea...All you have to worry about is that you don't decapitate yourself."
Me: "Oh, is THAT all??" *snort*
Sis: "It's not really that bad"
Me: "Oh well, I guess that would get rid of some problems for at least one person. lol"

***
Coming out of the supermarket the other day, I decided to grab a couple of coffees from Starbucks and drop in on a friend. In case I was going to catch her in the bath or whatever, I thought it best to send a quick text to let her know I was about to turn up. I obviously didn't give much thought to how it was going to be received.

Me: "I'm coming, just sayin"
Her: "Wish I could b just as honest and uninhibited as u Lisa. is your 'coming' something I should welcome, or should I just b happy 4 u?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post