Hair Today...Gone Tomorrow

I've been growing the hairs on my legs and under my arms for almost two weeks now.

Don't freak out...I know it's a turn-off, but there's a logical reason for me doing this. Besides, I'm not here to turn you on anyway.

Back to the hair, I'm a shaver. Apart from the few months I gritted my teeth and gave the epilady a fair crack many moons ago...I've been shaving for years.

I shave in the shower every day or every other day...it's a nuisance, but the alternative is dealing with prickly legs and armpits, and I'm just not prepared to leave it until it gets completely out of hand...so the hair's gotta go.

My sister, bless her heart, has decided to take up waxing, along with the rest of the services she offers in her studio.

Which means my body is once again being tampered with for the sake of beauty science. Christ, how much longer can this go on for? Am I not already beautiful enough for fuck sake??

You know, I didn't mind so much laying back on her fabulous special chair for a couple of hours, while she painstakingly practised at glue-ing single silk eyelashes to my own natural ones. (The bonus of that was, after taking an hour to do only one eye, she went cross-eyed, I said "Bugger this for a lark"...she said "Yeah, let's have a wine." and we stopped the lashing until the following day.) Apart from how bloody long it took, I rather liked the finished product. Made me feel very feminine.

But, this coming Saturday, I'm going to get on that chair again, allow her to slap hot wax under my arms, and rip the hair right out of 'em!

My legs I can cope with (I think, who knows yet? I'm such a baby)...my armpits??...well, yeah...not so much. I keep visualising skin ripped off at the same time. Not a good image.

My Mum will also be staying at the orchard and more than likely, will want to watch this fascinating procedure. Which means swearing is not going to be an option. Bashing my sister after she's caused me that kind of pain, will also have to be scratched from the list. Tad unfair I feel. Mother go home.

Women do this all the time right? Not everyone's a sissy like me and chooses to shave. We all know that there are plenty of brave females waxing more than just their legs and armpits these days. It seems to me, that it's practically become 'vogue' to be lovely and smooth ALL over...no expense or pain spared. Anna told me the other day, that while she was in Vietnam a couple of weeks ago, she'd had the hair removed from her armpits via the 'threading' method *shudder*

And you know what else?...I read an article recently stating that men are opting to have brazillian waxes. You know that doesn't mean they're having their backs done, right?? A salon down south advertised brazillian waxes for males...she's been absolutely inundated with clientele. These men aren't your average white collar pretty boy types, you know (no offence guys)...they're big beefy farmerboy types...(we're talking about the deep south of New Zealand here!)...bloke and their sheds, kinda men...ordinary fun-lovin' Speights drinkin', burpin', fartin' kiwi male types. All keen to have the hair ripped out of their nether regions for whatever reason.

So anyway...Saturday, I'm finally going to do it....I don't HAVE to do it, but I've chosen to. If not just to help my sister in her training, but for the fact that I won't have to shave every freakin' day or so in the shower. It's a win/win situation I suppose.

I'm a noisy girl at the best of times, so I reckon, when I get this done this weekend?...there's a strong possibility you're going to hear exactly when it happens, regardless of where in the world you might be lol.

Aw shit...I just need to suck it up and not be such a wimp...I mean...how hard can it be??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post