Do You See What I See?


(Oi, check out my very cool NaBloPoMo icon over there on the right. Beauuuutiful huh??! Made specially by the one and only lovely Jo. Not especially for me...but for her...yet she very kindly let me steal it. Which I guess could now make me an abnormal thief. See if I care. Whatever. She said "Yes"...and I said "Alrighty!" Thanks Jo :D )

Last night I was on NZ's version of eBay, which is called TradeMe, trying to win myself one of these, and I had a seizure. The kind of epileptic seizures I have aren't the convulsing sort, they affect my vision (akin to looking through a kaleidescope) and my brain can't seem to send the right messages to my mouth. Or in other words, I can't talk properly, I slow right down, I can't remember what I was talking about and will pause mid sentence struggling to finish of with words that make sense.

Most of the time I stop talking altogether and sometimes even freeze, practically holding my breath until it passes. Each one generally lasts only 10-15 seconds. Last night's one was prolonged and I thought I was going to pass out. I had a horrible feeling of nausea sweep up my body and I also thought I might vomit. Thankfully I didn't do either but it did give me a bit of a fright. (I did however win that Laptop tray but only because Dan was keeping an eye on it at the same time and we were on the phone. When the flurry of bidders rushed in at the end my seizure was just starting to wind itself up.)

A couple of hours ago, I had another one. Almost identical to last night's. Ryan and I were in the middle of a conversation, just basically hanging out and chatting, and it started. The distorted images, full on nausea, light-headedness etc etc and I eventually opened my eyes to find Ryan getting up close and personal, saying "Mum? Are you alright?" (The things I do to prove to myself that kid cares for me, haha!) While I was busy scaring the crap out of myself, I'd obviously given him a fright too, poor sod.

I've been feeling quite lethargic and odd the last couple of days. Like I'm dragging myself around...very unmotivated. There's been a feeling of having to force myself to do anything, like I'm exhausted, yet I shouldn't be. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary recently so I can't blame working double shifts or lack of sleep, which can sometimes be the reason behind them.

I've rung the Practice Manager and bunked off work tomorrow...if I still feel like this in the morning, I'm not going to be much use to anyone. It's better I let her know now, than wait and see how I'm doing at 6am tomorrow. Far easier for her to get cover for my shift today, than have to ring around early tomorrow morning waking people up.

I'll take myself off to see Dr Tim tomorrow and let him fix me. I suspect it may have something to do with the new BP meds he started me on a couple of weeks ago. The nurse did say it would take 10-15 days for them to get into my system sufficiently, and it's either that, an uncanny coincidence or I've turned into an attention-seeking nutter, whoot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post