No Way!

My teenagers are becoming more and more independent these days...I know it, I celebrate it and when I fly off down south to see Dan, I utterly embrace it. It's been a gradual process. First going into town on their own to meet mates, then staying overnight with said mates, flying north to be with other mates etc.

Cameron says he's leaving home soon. First draft of that thought, was October...as in last month. He reckoned as soon as he'd finished his exams he'd be outta here. He asked me this weekend "I'm sorry but I won't be leaving now until January, so I hope that's alright with you Mum." I never expected him to be gone in October, but I wasn't going to tell him that. January is fine...it gives me a bit more time to get used to the idea.

However, I will have to control the urge to gut his bedroom, paint it and use it to my benefit the day after he moves out. I say this only because I'm not sure how long he'll be gone for. What IS an appropriate amount of time before I'm allowed to go get jiggy with that space?? I could wait 3-6 months, then pull it to pieces...and sod's law, he'll ring the following week and say he needs to come home. To be honest, I'm not sure he will...I suspect once both of my kids take it upon themselves to go, they will be gone. Finito.

So, I'm braced to be losing my 19.3 year old in the New Year. I shant be arrogantly laughing at his audacity to leave me...and I won't be spitting in the face of his future landlord either...I might want to, but I won't. I will not even throw myself at the floor, grab his ankle so he has to drag me along while trying to shake me off as I wimper "No, please, stay, I can't live without you."

No, no, no, dear readers, that's not gonna be me. Hell, I eat iron shavings sprinkled on nuts and bolts for breakfast...a splash of acid and I'm good to go. I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman. I digress. Whatever.

The relationship I have with my 17.8 year old has already been changing in leaps and bounds on the positive network, so I'm looking forward to enjoying more time with him...if he permits it of course. Goddamn, when did it happen that I have to be polite and respectful while desperately hoping he wants to spend time with me?? Demanding "Because I said so!" just doesn't cut the mustard anymore. All that does is begin The Great Debate...I'm just too old for that shit now ya know?

Saying all that, nothing could have prepared me for the phone call I got at work last Wednesday. More tomorrow.

Cheating? Who's cheating??!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post