A Quick Dip

Bloody hell, almost forgot!

And saying that, now that it's 9.30 something, I've got nothing to write about. Well, I have, but I'm knackered and I'd rather be climbing into bed to read my book.

Which I'm about to do.

But, first, see this photo? These girls are from one of the colleges in Wellington city. These young ladies are all 6th formers (year 12) and apparently in the 7th form they don't have to wear uniforms. It's been tradition for some time that to mark this fabulous milestone, they put on their uniforms for the last time and jump off the wharf into the lagoon near Wellington Harbour.


Why am I bothering to tell you about this? No particular reason really, except yesterday afternoon, not long after this great tradition had been accomplished, I looked up from behind my reception desk to find about 5 of these lovelies walking through the door.  Carried amongst them was another, who had cut her foot so badly it needed stitches. And from what I heard, she wasn't the only one needing medical attention.

Having fun makes you laugh, and laughing is good for the soul, in fact we all know it's renowned for being the best medicine there is. I'm sure the outcome of yesterday's foolhardiness was going to be known as something else.  

Shit I sound like a grumpy old bag.

That's all. Time for bed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post