Starting Off on the Right Foot

The crates have been dragged out from under the kids beds and I've been going through them bit by bit trying to muck out everything that hasn't been touched for eons.  I'm trying to do that with most of my household (again)...possibly something to do with Spring getting all sprung and such.  I need to be more brutal, have less emotion and push back any memories that adhere to whatever item has just squeezed my heart..."Aaww, I remember the look on his face when he got this."  My maternal, um, squidginess requires toughening up.  Be gone squish!  Bring me iron! Whatever.

I had washing to do, it's a glorious day so it would be a great time to mow the lawn as well...I also have the minutes of Friday night's staff meeting to type up.  The boys have disappeared for the day with their father (both of them out of bed before 11am...who woulda thought it possible??)

And what have I been doing with all this spare time today?  I've been sorting my priorities and skived off for a pedicure, haha.  Any place I've had a pedicure, like, any place ever, has been run or owned by Asian people.  Is it just my imagination or do all Asian people have a thing for Celine Dion?  This is by no way a criticism...I love Celine Dion (Hiya C, just in case ya come callin')...just wondered if there's something in the water.

The local nail salon I frequent has a large plasma screen on the wall for it's patrons enjoyment while we relax and get pampered etc.  The ladies and gents that look after me are lovely, they're chatty and personable and considering they're getting intimate with my digits, their manner makes me relax and feel real comfy in their hands.  When it comes to anybody touching my physical self? I've gotta be happy letting them...pointless otherwise.  Now, each time I'm there the DVD that's playing is either Celine Dion or Michael Buble...predominantly Celine.  Perhaps they have a Canadian thing, dunno.  Perhaps I should try slipping in some Bryan Adams?

Anyway, the washing's done, the scribble I wrote on Friday still lays dormant beside the PC, and I have a lawn to mow, so best be off.  Oh and here's my toes, just so y'all can share in the glittery goodness of my Sunday! (Apologies for the blurriness, crap photographer an' all that)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post