Todays News

I heard on the radio news the other day that a doctor down south refuses to prescribe any of his female patients with any type of contraception due to his religious beliefs. He's Catholic. He's written to at least 50 of his female patients telling them he can't and won't prescribe pills/condoms etc, and that having a baby is something to be celebrated (or something to that affect).

Ah well, guess his female quota of patients is gonna drop eh?

Reading my monthly copy of the NetGuide yesterday, I came across this article:

"A new condition: Blog Depression.
Blogging can be fun - but the pressure to keep updating it each day can get overbearing. No wonder there is a new mental condition affecting bloggers. It has been coined "blog depression". Sufferers explain the condition, warning signs and steps that can be taken at
this site. Sufferers find themselves "disillusioned, dissatisfied, taking long breaks, and in many cases simply closing up shop". The first case of this ailment appearing in New Zealand could determine if ACC (Accident Compensation Corporation) will pay out."

I'm waiting with baited breath to see if this is going to be a valid excuse for having time off work. But then I have to get depressed about this whole deal first. Which I'm not. But I could try faking it. But I'm not so good at faking things. So we'll see.

I also read (on the same page no less) that there is a new blog being created about every second! Whoa...that's heaps huh? There are more than 80,000 blogs created on a daily basis and the number of blogs are doubling about every 5.5 months!

Oh dear. That's a lotta bloggy people with the potential of becoming depressed!

And apparently (same page yet again) there seems to be an increase in employers firing people who put "inappropriate comments" in their personal blog about their work-place. Shit....you lot better be watching your backs (oh crap, that includes me too). Mr Haney's ok cos he's retired, so noone can fire him, 'cept Mrs Haney...and with the numerous posts he puts up on a daily basis, I'm surprised she hasn't fired his buttola already. I mean to say...that floor would get done a whole lot faster if he didn't keep stopping to type posts right?

I have no idea what we're going to have for dinner tonight...

but that's ok

because I have a whole new set of hubcaps on my car!!

Real, store-bought ones...

not stolen ones.

So who cares about dinner??

We can all sit down in the garage sucking on water-bottles and gaze with great admiration at my car instead!

YAY!!

(See? No need to be concerned about me...I'm far too happy about wheel guards to be contracting a depression of any kind!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*gasp* Who IS that masked font?

A Wandering Post